1. Some days are just better than other days. No two ways about it.
2. I was sitting in the kitchen by our computer when I told Leo the story about the herpes and okay on my work computers. I went to illustrate the story by opening up the same controls on that computer...and sure enough....it was set to autocorrect herpes to okay. WTF? Oh, and when we laughed about the fact that since I had googled "herpes to okay" I might be getting weird ads, both boys rushed to tell me to use an incognito window next time. Evidently they're quite familiar with them......lol....
3. It never fails to amuse me when a cat just sits there with there tongue sticking out. I suppose I am easily amused.
4. Owen's home sick. He was like a little limp rag last night. Since I couldn't cook what I had planned, we fed him something bland, and then I made some vaguely curryesque lentils and collards. Oh MAN was it good. It didn't hurt that it was a gorgeous little bunch of young collards for our beloved Farmer Greg.
Cynthia's Vaguely Curryesque Lentils and Collards
1-1 1/2 cups lentils (I used whole red lentils)
chicken stock (water would be fine though)
one large onion chopped
2-3 garlic cloves chopped
small bunch of collards, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
salt and pepper
cayenne to taste
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can coconut milk
I simmered the lentils in the chicken stock. In a separate pan I sauteed the onions and garlic until soft, then added the collards and cooked til limp. Then the lentils were getting close to done and I added in the vegetables, as well as the spices, tomato and coconut milk. I simmered it until the lentils were done and it was SO GOOD!
5. I seem to be posting too many pictures of my cats of late. This is who I am these days. Life is nothing if not unexpected.
6. Oh, and in the category of pictures of food I've eaten recently....this was really good too....some expensive pasta I had bought for something but never used....with some a little olive oil, some chopped greens, poached egg and garlicky breadcrumbs on top.
7. O.k. Onward.