1. This is what happens when you tell Owen to have clementines for a snack. If you look closely you can see that there has been a murder and there is a police officer checking things out. In the second picture the police officer is interviewing a suspect.
2. My beloved Bulls Eye with Fleur de Lys water pitcher has a baby brother! The creamer (I think it's too small to be a milk pitcher) has a big old crack through it so I picked it up on eBay for just a few bucks. Crack or no crack it took my breath away. One of my all time favorite patterns from the 1850's.
3. This morning I was trying to CALMLY ask Owen why his reading grade was so poor. It turns out he hasn't turned his reading logs in. He went through his backpack and found them....already signed by Ernie even...he just hadn't turned them in. Sigh. His brilliant excuse? He was using them as bookmarks to do the reading....
I tell you. That boy is brilliant. Freaking brilliant.
4. My inability to stop from laughing when he gave me his well thought out excuse reminded me a little bit of this video. This video also screams Owen and Leo. Not that they ever did this but the quick blaming of the little brother, and the little brother's attempt to look innocent brought me back.... Lord I miss my little boys.
5. LOOK! My big yellow pot has a baby brother too!!! I've really been wanting one of these, a smaller size to use for everyday but even when we find them half price at T.J. Maxx they're still way too expensive. Ernie found this in an antique mall when he stopped by to visit our friend Jim. $45 people! Woo-hooooo! I am SO happy!
6. It is FRIDAY! We have nothing planned for the weekend...a couple of possible things to do but no hard and fast requirements and that feels delightful! I'm going to make my cranberry sauce and some turkey stock and obsess over Thanksgiving recipes. Our turkey is already defrosting away. I thought about getting a fresh, heritage blah blah blah but damn I just couldn't afford it. I believe turkeys must be BIG and at $5 a pound or whatever....just too much. We have a proud factory farmed 59 cents a pound 23 pounder in our refrigerator!
7. What could be better than a little Ian Hunter to start off the morning? Woo-hooooo!