1. Time is moving too quickly.....summer hasn't really begun and I'm already feeling as though it's over. The upside to this is that we have one tiny little green tomato on one of our plants.
2. I'm always saying how pleased I am that the boys generally get along so well, etc. So I got a boatload of Leo's homework from the past year the other day and while going through it I found this gem:
3. I love my parents dearly, I really do, but let's just say I've seen more of them lately than perhaps one would wish....on Friday a couple of hours at the wound clinic with my Mom, then back home, made them lunch and left. On Saturday went to medical supply place and got the stuff I needed to dress my mother's foot, took care of that and actually left the guys with them for awhile so I shouldn't complain. Sunday, did the church stuff, grocery shopping, Ernie worked in their yard. Monday, the Memorial Day service and lunch with them. Tuesday went before I left for Chicago to take care of my mother's foot, made coffee, got them breakfast. Yesterday, went over after work and today I take my mother back to the wound clinic. This Saturday I have to take my mother for a haircut. Sunday is Ernie's birthday so I was thinking of taking my father to church on Saturday so we'd have the day free but I don't know----it would feel like the whole day was parent day then.... Thank God I love them or this would kill me. It's like thanking God that the boys are so cute....because otherwise they'd be dead....
4. I've got to get going finding another homecare person or housekeeping person or SOMETHING for my folks. I must say having someone take care of mowing their grass is a huge load off. Their yard is huge and takes a long time to mow----when I went over yesterday it was freshly mowed and it was so nice to know it hadn't been Ernie sweating over it.
5. Here's some more homework. This one deals with three of Leo's great loves: trains, bikes and Luke:
6. I love my mother. When we were at the wound clinic last week her doctor asked me what I did and I said I worked at Japan House on campus. When he left the room my mother said, "Cynthia, when someone asks you that you need to say that you are Assistant DIRECTOR at Japan House. I'm your mother and that's what you should say." O.K. Mom. Will do. I love my mother.
7. When I was at my parents last night Dad gave me $5 and wanted me to get a really good treat for the boys. I think we'll take them to Custard Cup this weekend on Grandpa....
8. Ernie and I did have a giggling good time watching the Vertebrats stuff last night. It all holds up.