1. I was gone from the house from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. yesterday and it just made me realize how much I hate being gone that long. I miss my babies. I was dead tired when I got home and Ernie had roast chicken and vegetables waiting for me and it tasted like the best meal in the world. Leo gave me lots of hugs and kisses and trundled off to bed to read. Owen was tired and whiny and wanted me to read to him. I told him I was just too tired----that I had worked 13 and a half hours that day. He glared at me and said, "well, I worked six and it's harder than you know." Probably true, probably true.....
2. Well, the word has come down. Leo has announced that he is NEVER trick or treating again. I guess 11 is too old. No more doughnuts, no more train conductors, no more Han Solo. Sigh.
3. The boys have been hard at work on their Lego base. I always forget whether the clones are good guys or bad guys and they get really disgusted with me. As they should of course. Anyway....they were hard at work the other night and then called us up. It was impossible to really photodocument but they had created Galaxy Idol---a Star Wars version of American Idol. The had the ear buds from their mp3 player built into the Lego ("stereo" as Leo proudly pointed out) and a flashlight for stage lighting, a trio of judges and of course the performer.
Join us as we celebrate Van's life with stories, photos, memorabilia and of course MUSIC!
Featuring a live performance by 'The Trendy Bitches', with Roy Axford, Kenny Draznik, Tim McKeage, and Jimmy Wald
The event is free, but donations in Van Cagle’s name are welcomed, with the proceeds to be given in Van's name, to a good cause TBD by Van's family
Bring photos/memorabilia/writings/CD or MP3 playlists of music that reminds you of Van, and perhaps refreshments to share. We encourage you to dress like Van, if you dare to try to be as cool as he was.
Thanks to Theresa and Amara for setting this up.
6. Today is my mother's birthday. I guess we'll have to do something special this evening. I miss her so. I miss them all so much. The holidays are going to feel a little strange this year.
7. My beloved Peter Case.....gee, I wish that show were still coming up!