1. May is always a bad month for garter snakes. And YES I know they're harmless. It doesn't seem to matter to my inner psyche. Sigh.
2. Last night Ernie and Owen and I sat on our front porch and watched the moon. We talked about life and watched a big slug move across the sidewalk and wondered where he was going and why he was going so fast (for a slug). The big questions.
3. Thanks to Van for recording this song by Audrey Auld from our house concert!
4. I'm missing the first Farmers' Market because Ernie's at Vintage Vinyl. I guess I can hold out til next week.
5. Last night for dinner I couldn't decide what to make. I ended up carmelized a couple of onions (and kudos to Sasha for pointing out this brilliant article) and toasting some spices (turmeric, curry powder, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes) and garlic and then dumping that all in the rice cooker with some brown rice. It was pretty good and then I realized I had created Indian flavored Rice A Roni. Huh.
6. I'm pondering what to make for food for the Rod Picott house concert. Any ideas? I'm feeling distinctly uninspired of late and obsessing over recipes usually cheers me up. Recommendations please!