1. Mid-August. Geesh.
2. Tonight is Owen's 6th grade orientation and then they start school on Monday. Owen will be riding his bike. Leo says he won't ride a bike and will not walk. We have told him that we aren't driving him so we're not sure how he thinks he's getting to school. Crawl? Scuttle like a crab? Fly?
3. Do other people actually put their suitcases and travel detritus away when they return home? We have a terrible habit of just living out of our suitcases and letting the piled up newspapers sit around. The odds of me outgrowing this habit don't seem good at this point in time.
4. I am finally feeling relatively human, albeit slightly scattered.
5. I'm trying to get ideas for Owen's lunch. He doesn't really like sandwiches and gets bored by the same thing. I've googled and I come up with lists for kids suggesting things like a whole wheat wrap with lettuce, raw mushrooms and avocado. Uh, no. That doesn't even sound good to me. Well, I'm not crazy about raw muchrooms but...really? Or the one that suggests panko crusted baked chicken fingers and says, 'to save time you can make them the night before.' Gee...you THINK?
6. The JANS Project is coming up at the end of the month folks. Saturday, August 31, 2013. I will commence to nagging you all about it shortly.
7. Book fees, school supplies...yikes. The calculator they recommend for Leo is over $100.
8. We tried to introduce Owen to the pleasures of Falco and Amadeus the other night. He just gave us a suspicious look and left the room. Oh well.
9. More pictures from the trip. I'll stop eventually....I promise.