1. We had a relatively lazy day Sunday, as we always do after a house concert. In the early evening Ernie and I just sat in the living room, still with chairs scattered throughout, and watched the sun glint on the chair Malcolm Holcombe had been in the night before. We listened to music and just sat....enjoying the feel of it all.
2. In the thick of getting ready for the house concert I TOTALLY forgot about the Jeffrey S. Evans auction of 19th century glass that was live online all day Saturday. Of course this is actually a good thing because it means I didn't spend money we don't have on glass we don't need....and YET..... I am not going to torture myself by looking at the price results. Sigh.
3. Some of the pieces in the glass auction were from a collection of a man who used to occasionally buy from us. It made me wistful.
4. I packed up some food for Malcolm Holcombe to take with him when he left and his wife emailed me to say he'd loved it. Who knows if he really ate it but it still made me happy. Sweet, sweet man....
5. I have a 14 year old. Ernie roused me early this morning so I could get the card ready for Leo. Ernie was already back home from getting doughnuts---Leo's birthday breakfast request. I think my sweet pea was happy. There is nothing in the world better than a happy Leo. Nothing.
6. We got our Rod Picott Kickstarter package yesterday. As promised, one unfurnished, unfinished and slightly crooked birdhouse made by his father, plus other treats like an absolutely gorgeous new cd. First listen made my tiredness fade away.
7. In other news.....an AMAZING house concert coming up with the incredibly talented (and charming) Kevin Welch! Sunday, October 13...potluck at 2:00 pm, with beautiful music to follow. Some of you know that the very first show we ever did was Kane Welch Kaplin....we've been wanting to get Kevin back every since....
from that first (and very poorly lit) show:
This next one is an old one....but LORD this lifts me up no matter what....I don't know if he still does this song live but I know we'll be asking..... This song is kind of a good luck charm for us.