1. Bottle Rockets. Rock and fucking roll. I love those boys. Brian Henneman has one of those voices that can grab at your heart. They sounded great. Of course I like them BEST in my living room but this was absolutely wonderful despite my ears feeling like cottage cheese afterward.
2. Otis Gibbs....it was the first time we'd seen him and just as I thought we might, we loved him. Hopefully we'll have him for a house concert some time next year.
3. No wine at the Highdive. I asked for a chardonnay and the bartender said she'd have to check. She went off and I sighed to Ernie about chardonnay just not being cool these days. Then she came back and said they had NO wine. "NO wine?" Nope. I asked if wine were just incredibly unhip and she said no, they'd just had a lot of parties. I was flummoxed. I looked up, I looked down, I looked at Ernie. They told me not to rush. I finally asked for Jameson's on the rocks. Tasted good but gave me a headache. All for the want of a cheap chardonnay. Sigh.
4. I have no desire to go out of the house today. Well, maybe into the yard to admire a snow creation of Owen's but other than that...no. By all rights we should do some Christmas shopping but the thought of North Prospect horrifies me right now. Yesterday we slipped and slid our way to the farmers' market and then I headed into work about 10:30 and worked til 5:00. Ernie picked me up, we had a drink at Fries and Peanuts and then headed to the Highdive...Jameson's...Otis Gibbs....Bottle Rockets....assorted hugs and hellos....nasty good gyros and fries from a drive-thru since I hadn't eaten since breakfast and then sleep. Do NOT want to leave the house today!
5. I spend too much on Christmas presents for the guys. It's not MY fault....blame my parents....they always spent too much on me! See how I can rationalize? Because....they are such very, very good boys. Such good, sweet hearts those boys have.
6. I think it was my friend Angie Patton that told me about this hairbrush....the wetbrush, that's supposed to help with detangling wet hair. As you may know, this household has, ahem, a great amount of hair and getting it brushed out is sometimes a massive event that needs coordinated battle plans, shifting front lines....war is hell in other words.... I mentioned the brush to Leo and every so often he would say, "hey, weren't you going to get me that brush?" So I finally added it to an Amazon order of various Christmas presents and lo and behold, it really helps. Who'd a thunk it? You still have to work through some snarls but it really does seem better than the brushes we had....which looked pretty similar. So thank you as always to the lovely Angie!
7. Ernie and Owen frolicing yesterday. They even boldly ventured into the field. Nobody shot at them so we think nobody noticed.
8. It's going to be a busy week this week. I work two evening and we need to do the shopping we're not doing today and then the Christmas party is SATURDAY! Don't forget to pay up and let me know if you want a poster ($3 extra). The links for making a reservation and info are up at the top right of this page. I can't wait!!!