1. Man, the infusion suite was hopping yesterday at the cancer center. I suppose it was because of the three day weekend but good LORD we couldn't get our favorite spot. Hmph. All was good though. His PSA was basically stable although the oncologist is always telling us that the number doesn't matter, just his symptoms do. It seems pretty clear though that when that PSA creeps just a bit higher is when things start bubbling...so I'll stick to being happy with .03.
2. Since Owen constantly has his headphones on I occasionally text him instead of trying to call for him. Sometimes it works better than other times.
3. Yesterday he was in a puddle of excitement waiting for a game he had ordered.... Ernie and I share an Apple account so his texts go to both of us sometimes....I can't really figure it out....anyway, yesterday he peppered us with texts throughout the day.... He started at 8:38 in the morning and didn't finish until about 4:00 pm.... I think I spent half the time in the chemo room texting him....not a bad way to keep us entertained though...
4. There don't seem to be copies of The New Yorker in the Infusion Suite anymore. I got stuck with a House Beautiful which isn't really my normal style. I saw this ad though and fell deeply for the fabric. So when I wasn't texting Owen I was looking at expensive fabrics. I guess I really am my mother's daughter. She LOVED fabric.
5. Another shot of Rascal. I've got to get some more pictures because in no time he will be graduating from Middle School just like Leo. Sigh.
6. Last but not least....I love love love this new song that will be on David Olney's album coming out in July!