1. Wild Ponies is just a week from today!!! It's going to be a great show; I am so looking forward to it!! Potluck at 6:00....I'm calling it SaladFest but I think we'll throw some sausages on the grill as well. Bring anything you'd like and something to drink....or just come with nothing..... Suggested donation is $20, please PayPal to my email (link is to the right) or bring cash. Invite a friend....it should be a wonderful summer evening.....
Here's a good blurb about them:
Wild Ponies - The dead right, honest songwriting of Doug and Telisha Williams blended with a kick-ass band. Touring in support of their brand new release on Ditch Dog Records, "Things That Used To Shine", Wild Ponies - Doug, Telisha and drummer Jake Winebrenner - bring energy and charisma along as they perform brilliant new songs as well as some of the old Doug & Telisha favorites. Written during a busy year on the road, "Things That Used To Shine" is an album about leaving some things behind ... and meeting others head-on. Released by the newly formed independent label, DitchDog Records, the album finds Telisha opening up about the skeletons that have haunted her closet for years. Grammy-winning producer Ray Kennedy (Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams) recorded the 12 songs in three days, running the band's harmonies through the same pre-amps once used by the Beatles. "It's a terrific, raw, robust sound these guys have going on" said Kim Ruelhl in "No Depression".
photo by Stacie Huckeba
2. I'm thinking we may have to hide Rascal during the house concert....I'm afraid he'll be stepped on.... Never get a black kitten when you have a dark brown couch. You can't see Rascal when he's curled up there and I'm afraid someone will sit on him. In other news, Rascal seems to be gaining total domination of the household. Yesterday he chased Bob into the basement, Hattie into a window and Annie upstairs. He begs Bob to play with him and Bob just looks at him with a puzzled, sad expression and hides in a box as much as possible. I think they're just waiting for him to leave.
3. The other day Ernie was driving me to work and of course a song was bubbling out of him. I asked him what it was and he said it was from the soundtrack to Clockwork Orange. I asked him what it was like in his head and he said it was very crowded with songs. I also pointed out to him that even in the middle of fight, if we have over 20 seconds of silence he'll start humming something softly. He smiled and shrugged and said he couldn't help it.
4. My children are in disgrace. Deep, deep disgrace.
5. The problem with #4 (see above) is that when this happens I realize that I am a terrible, terrible mother.
6. Owen's newest favorite bit of profanity in moments of frustration is "Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ." My efforts at correction in this area are of course weakened by my habit of saying "Jesus H. Christ" at times. Sorry Debbie. I'll work on it...but it DOES make me think of Dad. And I gotta say....I think Dad might kinda like "Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ."
7. We saw our friends Ann and Bob last night....that's always good for our mental health....and look what Bob had on his phone....beautiful pictures of David Olney and Amelia White from when he saw them at the Bluebird recently....