1. I knew I would pay for sleeping in during break. This morning came hard and loud, with a flock of birds yelling outside my window to boot. I know I can't complain, I was so fortunate to have had a nice long break but just the same.....I'd prefer not to....as they say...
2. Random pictures....we passed this little jewel-box of a jewelry store in Mt. Sterling, Illinois. Also home to Dorothy's Market, a fascinating store that is sort of Aldi meets GFS meets Trader Joe's without the produce and refrigerated goods. We bought liquid garlic, lobster base, 2 bags of tortilla strips for 80 cents a piece, some frozen shredded phyllo (kataifi) dough for $1 and something else I can't remember. Anybody have any suggestions for lobster base?
3. It was New Year's Eve day as we passed through so evidently there was no bingo that night. And their square was delightful---ringed with small lit trees....
4. If Ernie was computer savvy he might try to somehow make it impossible for me to go to realtor.com and looks at houses in Quincy. I'm even drying MYSELF crazy.
5. My Hoppin John was pretty damn good. AND by the way....would anyone like to comment on the fact that I did NOT get sick over break? Why, thank you very much!
6. Bittersweet to watch the first of the last season of Downton Abbey last night. I do love the setting, sights and sounds of it all. I'm not even all that much of an Anglophile. Well. Maybe I am. In fact, the other day I said to myself in my head "Lud, I don't think I can stand another...."
Jesus Christ. I said Lud...thankfully only to myself.
I fear I may have been reading too many Regency romance novels, hmmm?