1. Day 24 of the Whole 30 and I am tired of greens. I'm tired of lettuce, I'm tired of salads, I'm tired of Swiss chard, I'm tired of kale, etc. My knees still hurt like hell and my weird low level autoimmune things haven't gone away, but I feel better...as though I'm on an even keel. I don't crash in the late afternoon...my energy stays steady. My sleeping is finally better. I haven't been struggling with indigestion. That's probably because I stopped taking Ibuprofen (which I miss dreadfully) but who knows. We shall see. Overall, I'm really glad I did this. It's been illuminating about food and food habits. That being said, I am way ready for it to be over and to have a glass of wine....
2. The Bottle Rockets album, which we hadn't gotten until we picked one up from them last weekend, is really great. I mean, of course I love their old stuff, but I LOVE hearing strong new stuff from a band I love. Thanks guys!!! From their website, and something Brian talked about during the show. This is so important:
If you haven’t read this yet, read it. Some people think David Lowery is a shit disturber, but really, he’s a working musician, tellin’ it exactly like it is in these end days of the music business. If you wanna help… Next time you go to see a band you love who are traveling in a van, humpin’ their own gear, resist your generous offer to buy them a round of drinks, and buy their CD instead. Even if you already have it. Give it to a friend who doesn’t have it. Donate it to a library, whatever. THAT is what will help the band. That’s the generosity that will make a difference. 9 times out of 10, the band has been getting free drinks from the venue since soundcheck. Buying the music is what keeps us all rollin’ out there. – Brian Henneman
3. Somehow, there seem to be cats everywhere I look.
4. I am practically FAINT with anticipation at going on vacation. I am so ready, ready, ready. There's really nothing left to plan but I'm so ready that I pull up the hotels we're staying at on the way on Google maps and look at nearby restaurants to figure out where we can order a cheap dinner. It's kind of pathetic really. It's been three long years since we've been in Maine and I can't, can't, can't wait!
5. It is OFFICIALLY summer because my first zinnias have bloomed and the coneflowers are in full force. Welcome!