We hadn't been to Lubec in four years. Can that be right? No, we were there three years ago, but only for a day or two. There were, of course, a few changes. Nancy asked me for an update so here goes:
1. The building on 189 that used to have redemption center signs now has for sale signs.
2. Uncle Kippy's restaurant moved out of their building on the way into town and are now in the building next to the IGA that used to be a convenience store.
3. Sadly, Boldcoast Smokehouse, with the incredible smoked salmon from Captain Vinny is no more. I had read that it had closed but I was sorry to see that the old house that fronted it has been torn down. Now there is a business that says HD & Sons Seafood....it says retail and wholesale but it never looked open for retail when we passed. Glad there's a business there but can't help but be sorry the house and Boldcoast Smokehouse is gone....
from a few years ago
4. I thought Annabell's had closed but it is open again. I swear it's painted a different color but I didn't take a picture so now I'm confused.
5. The man who ran Bayside Chocolates downtown passed away...someone has bought it though.
6. There's a brewery downtown that also serves vegan/vegetarian meals and has music.
7. Work continues on the Lost Fisherman Memorial.
I'm sure there are lots of other changes but Lubec remains Lubec. I am so glad. It's good for my heart.
Our favorite spot, Cohill's Inn: