1. Every vacation should start with one long, quiet, rainy day. It was heaven. We stocked up at the grocery store in town, had a drink at Cohill's and watched the rain come down on the water. We came home and curled up and watched tv and read and cooked and didn't feel one iota of pressure to do anything else.
Singing along to Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline at Cohill's
2. Does everyone else pack a bunch of clothes and then wear the same thing every day when they're on vacation? I always do. New black dress, new black thin sweatery thing, birkenstocks. Black hair tie when necessary. That's it.
3. The first day Owen said, "I like this relaxed version of you Mom." I agreed.
4. We are supposed to head into Eastport today for lunch but sitting here nibbling on a hard boiled egg courtesy my husband the egg master, I'm not sure I'm feeling it. Sitting here all day sounds like a pretty good plan. I've got some gorgeous produce that was delivered from the Tide Mill Organic Farm. It's $10 for a bag of seasonal produce...the stuff I got is stunning....beets, kale, spinach, green onions, garlic scapes, lettuce and EDIBLE FLOWERS! Nasturtiums and borage...I can NOT tell you how happy this made me. We also got one of their chickens and some chorizo.
5. The morning starts with this view when I wake up.
9. And then there's this. A sight that makes me very happy.
10. Eastport and a stop at the mustard museum tomorrow. Today? All I have to do is decide how to cook our lobsters and find another book to read. I just finished the newest Josie Prescott mystery (Jane Cleland). I'm a sucker because it's set on the seacoast and features antiques. Any suggestions??