1. Ernie and I have started watching Top Chef over again, from the first season. So far we've been reminded of two great lines...."I'm not your bitch, bitch" and "It's a spring roll dude" which is probably only funny when done in the right tone of voice. Last night we also tried the first episode of the Crown.
2. Every time I walked into the bathroom during our house concert, this made me very happy because it just screamed, "the Fatman is IN THE HOUSE." It also says, "it wouldn't kill you to put the broom away Cynthia" but I didn't listen to that part.
3. Christmas Song of the Day. I DO love Ernest Tubb. I think Ernie might have this on 78. He's got some Ernest Tubb on 78 anyway....should dig it out.
4. Beautiful Jonathan with beautiful banjo. And I got to hear Mary do wood geek talk...it was great!
5. Oh good God, I haven't even written about Mabel's Night Unplugged yet. Geesh. I guess we went right into house concert mode the next day. The night? Wonderful! The music? Fantastic. The weather? SUCKED. I didn't even realize how bad it was when we left the house. I just thought our alley was a little slick, oh well. Then we parked downtown and attempted to skate over to the Accord. DAMN. Despite the lousy weather which meant lousy numbers, it was great. Paul Kothheimer opened with funny, catchy songs. My beloved Kenny Draznik just blew me away. He sounded SO damn good. Lord but I love him. Oh, and Jay Rosenstein and Jim Rowland were fantastic...really beautiful songs and playing....you guys have to play out more. Maybe I need to do a Mabel's house concert or something.... What can you say about Lonely Trailer? They're so damn good, so damn weird, so damn right. Brian Reedy reminds me of Kieran Kane...not necessarily known as a percussions but a god damn rhythm machine. I hated to leave because I had really, really wanted to see Ed Burch and more but Ernie's arm was hurting and I could tell he was fading. We stepped outside and Ernie left me there to get the car so I watched people slipping and falling and hoped Ernie would come back in one piece....luckily he did. A million thanks and love to John Isberg and all the musicians and the Accord! Oh, oh, oh, and David Adams with Dawna Nelson...and then singing with Kenny! Della's got wonderful pictures up on her facebook page. She's the best! Go look at her pictures.
6. This morning, as Leo and Owen discussed finals, the subject of age came up. Owen asked Leo how old he was (I know) and when he said he was 17 Owen said, "WOW, you're 17? "Why is he getting older and I'm just staying the SAME?" I assured him he would be 15 very soon. Oh, to want to be OLDER again!
7. Merry Christmas all!