1. Roasted shrimp...who knew? Well, lots of people I suppose, but I didn't. I'd seen recipes for roasted shrimp but I tend to always saute it. Ernie bought gorgeous wild gulf shrimp, 16-20 yesterday. I had planned to use some broccoli with it but pulled it out of the refrigerator only to find....it was well, very, very tired. Into the trash that went and I poked around in the refrigerator a little more. I ended up coating the shrimp with some Hungarian paprika, some ground cumin, a few coriander seeds, some olive and salt and pepper...oh, and garlic too. Then I stirred in some sugar snap peas and threw all of it on a pan in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes. Pulled it out, let it sit a few minutes an served it with wilted spinach. Amazingly good. The shrimp were fantastic!
2. Amazing Japanese sweets at work. I love these. I got the yellow and green one!
3. When it's late at night and you don't know what to cook....throwing an egg on top of pretty much anything works.
4. Icy, icy night the other night....after Mabel's Night Unplugged
6. You can still watch the Dead Reckoners show for Savannah Welch at Kevin's Facebook page. It is really amazing. Here's a shot of me watching it in our messy kitchen. My beloved Kieran Kane and Tammy Rogers, and then, of course, Kevin and Harry Stinson.
Ok. Onward then. Last day of finals for the boys and hopefully last day of work for me, although I'll be on call for a few things...hopefully not too much!!