I haven't posted in a long time, or at least what feels for a long time. I was down with some respiratory/stomach kind of virus. That really knocked me out for awhile. Now back at work and super busy trying to catch up. I have no news of note and the inauguration looms so I will just give you a list of notes I have made, things that amuse me that I write down on my phone.
I have a grocery list that I share with Ernie and the boys, so they can add stuff they need. I started adding other notes and reminders to it until Owen got frustrated so he made a list called REAL Groceries. So now I just add all my notes to that one, totally defeating the purpose.
1. Ok. This one is simple, just a reminder to send something to my sister Debbie, which I haven't done yet.
2. This was a statement Owen made after I told him something he'd done was wonderful. Evidently he thought I was gushing a bit, as he said, first drawing a circle with his hands around his face and then pointing at me, "That's the blur of I-was-in-you-once."
3. This was a statement Ernie made as we talked about our disastrous visit with the P.A. in Orthopedics. It really amused us. "It's not my dick doc, it's my shoulder."
4. I don't remember what this was in response to....something I grumbled at Owen for saying and he responded with these three words. vernacular, contextual, syntax.
5. Back scratcher? I have no idea.
6. The other day I was writing an email and misspelled 'adamant', which I often seem to do. I grumbled a bit and Ernie said, "a-d-a-m-a-n-t, just like Adam Ant." I was struck dumb, finally saying, "You mean 'adamant' is just like ADAM ANT? How did I not KNOW that?" He shrugged his shoulders. He didn't seem as blown away by it as I was. So I went on a tear of Adam Ant videos.
6. The other two are actual items for the grocery list.
And there you have it.
Inauguration tomorrow. Man.