1. Last night I got home tired, with just an hour before I had to go back out for a work dinner. Owen knew I'd been anxious about the whole project but he chose to not ask me how my day was but instead criticize my use of hashtags. These are the times you look at your teenager and think, "What the hell is wrong with you?" He managed to redeem himself, as he always does, because even if I think his teenage brain is sometimes incomprehensible....I adore that child. Damn good thing.
2. Later I got home from dinner and talked to Ernie for awhile. I sent him to bed because he was drooping and then Leo came down and curled up and sat and talked to me. He gave me a rundown of the ridiculousness of some of his class assignments. I sighed and told him in my next life I was going to homeschool him. He rolled his eyes and I protested, "We would have so much fun, think of all the train museums we could visit!" He countered with the comment that it would take a lot of money but I told him, "Remember? It's my next life, I'll have lots of money." Than I added, "But of course I also said I wanted to be a hydrangea in my next life, so don't count on anything." He smirked.
3. Congratulations Clemson! I don't care about football but I have a soft spot for Clemson. Look, a sports reference in my blog!
4. Fascinating to watch the tatami craftsmen working at Japan House this week. There will a open house/presentation at 5:30 Wednesday night. I highly recommend it. Their story, and efforts to save and revitalize the tatami industry in Japan is really fascinating.
5. The ornaments are put away, the lights are half falling off, and yet still they stand...as do I.