1. Why does it feel as though we are hurtling toward the New Year? I guess because we are. The only thing you can do is go with it though, so I think we'll bring our tree in today and try to get it decorated over the next few days.
2. Yesterday we went to the Gordyville Antique Show. It's become something of a tradition on the first weekend of December every year. We rarely buy much but I enjoy it just the same. This year we got a little guitar ornament for Owen, some beads and old ornaments for the tree. Not that we need them...we have too many ornaments already, but I like the ones that look like little snowy turtlenecks...and also the ones with holiday phrases on them. There were two signs I loved....one a Christmas trees for sale sign, and one an ice cream cone, but they were out of our budget. Next time.
Ernie barely looked the at records which was a tad unnerving.
3. Later Ernie took Owen to band practice and we went out for a drink so we could sit and talk about how great the house concert was. Fries and Peanuts has their holiday windows painting so it all felt right. Ernie ferried the band around some more, we cooked dinner, and happily collapsed, binge watching some more of 800 Words.
4. Just some pretty pictures...
5. And a delightful new bar bottle---officially my Christmas present...second from the left in the front. It was temptingly cheap on eBay recently. Pittsburgh area....mid 19th century and damn gorgeous.