1. Rascal sits vigil, for what I don't know. There was some sunshine coming in the window..., it might just have been an appreciation of the warmth. I hate how mean he is to Bob, but damn, I love that big old hunk of cat.
2. I'm feeling enough better to try to cook. Last night we did a Blue Apron. We hadn't been doing it because the gluten/low fodmap thing didn't work with it, but they're doing a series of Whole 30 meals right now that are easy to adapt. This was one of the first time I didn't care for a Blue Apron meal. Some of it was pilot error, I overcooked the salmon a bit. It was supposed to have roasted red onion in the vinaigrette...instead I cooked the red onion in the olive oil and then strained it. Garlic and onion aren't oil soluble so if you cook onion or garlic alone it in, you can use the oil once the solids are out. That's how I adapt some of these. The vegetables (carrots, potato, cabbage) were diced and roasted with a bit of harissa which sounds delightful but was just eh. On top of the salmon was a date/red onion vinaigrette which was nice, but again....eh.
3. Today, back to my efforts. On Sundays in winter I like to cook soups or stews. I went with a vegetarian Indian curry today. First, onion oil:
Then curry powder, cayenne, turmeric, coriander and salt....let it go a bit, and add all the vegetables with coconut milk and a bit of water. Simmer, stir, simmer, stir.
I'll add some peas later. I might serve it with chicken for the guys. It's good but needs some more vegetables....I'll have to peruse the refrigerator.
4. Cyril has been under the weather, but is feeling better. So much better, that he ran to Lowe's for an errand...something to do with making a guitar pedal.
5. A tidbit of Wild Ponies to make you look forward to February 10!