1. Yes, I am taking part in one of those Secret Sisters gift exchanges on Facebook, and no, I am not feeling guilty despite the fact that everyone seems to be taking delight in posting things saying it's a scam and illegal. Really? Do you really think I did this because I wanted 36 gifts? Do you really think I expect 36 gifts? Do you really think I care if I get a gift? It just seemed like to fun to send a gift to someone I didn't know but had a connection to...friend of a friend kind of thing. The only people I buy gifts for are my boys and they're not quite as much fun as they used to be. Remember when I could wrap a ream of copy paper and a new set of markers and they'd be thrilled? Why do we all delight on pouncing on one another? I've got PLENTY of things you can post about rather than telling someone they're bad because they wanted to do a nonsensical gift exchange. Geesh.
2. Ok, yes, I'm moderately grumpy. That being said, I'm probably not nearly as grumpy as the woman I saw driving with her skirt hanging out of her door onto the road. Of course I also just realized I put my dress on backward so there you go.
3. Eating a TON of carbs over Thanksgiving weekend (Carbsgiving anyone?) left me feeling like shit. I also have a bit of a scratchy throat. Last night I made salmon and spinach and managed to ruin much of it. That's not even easy to do. Sigh.
4. Hopefully the weather will cooperate today and we'll buy our Christmas tree (s) tonight. We are still under discussion as to location of trees in the house.
5. I bought our tickets for Rogue One last night. There was great tension and dismay in the family because I told the boys we were buy on Friday the 16th (Mabels Night Unplugged at the Accord---co-sponsored by our very own Sandwich Life House Concerts) and on Saturday the 17th (Fats and Kristi Rose Christmas party). Leo just blinked at me and said, "Well, it's not even worth it to go on Sunday, that's far too late." In the apple not falling far from the tree department I totally understood that statement. I went online to figure out times and how we could get them there while still being at the Accord and found we could go on Thursday night. This could play havoc with my cooking for the 17th but then again I'm trying to keep things simpler these days so perhaps I will be inspired. Anyway, it's awfully nice when I can make my boys happy and hear them enthusiastically say, "Thanks Mom!" They sounded like these guys:
I love the guys I have now but sometimes I miss these little guys....
6. Opinions on the new Gilmore Girls????
7. And a random picture...remember the compote we bought in Maine this summer? Sigh.