1. The other day Leo stomped downstairs and said, "It 5 below out there." Ernie and I said, "Noooo...there's no way it's 5 below today." Leo rolled his eyes and said, "Well in celsius of course....I don't use the stupid imperial system!"
2. Leo HATES our house concerts which is why you will rarely see him downstairs on those evenings. When I told him about our Christmas show with Rod Picott, Wild Ponies, and Amy Speace, I mentioned that it was early (December 5) and that it would be crowded with all of them as well as a stand up bass and a keyboard, so perhaps we wouldn't put the Christmas trees up until afterward. He was appalled. Utterly appalled. He told me in disgust that I could NOT have a Christmas party without the Christmas tree. We finally decided that we would move the black chest out of the living room into the media room and then the tree could go in the corner. I love my Christmas boy.
3. Don't forget---this is the Christmas ornament I'm looking for. It was Leo's FAVORITE and it got broken. I know there have to be others out there as I've found a picture or two online....it was very thin blown glass with a glass loop for the hook.
4. Last night the cats were all hudlled over a heater vent which means one thing: Mouse Watch 2014. This morning I was greeted with the news that when Ernie came downstairs with Rascal, Rascal's nose went into overdrive and the found a mouse in my BOOT! He pulled the poor little thing out and had the time of his life for the next 45 minutes until Ernie could get it away from him.
Let me repeat.....in my BOOT.
5. And now....despite the fact that I said I'm a bigger fan of Ian's solo stuff....this Mott nugget made me pretty damn happy this morning. See? I told you Ian has always known the power of a black jacket and white shirt!